What We Believe
• We believe that most people with aphasia can learn to speak again.
• We believe there’s hope and success … after the insurance monies run out.
• We believe people are better speech teachers, than computers or flash cards.
• We believe and have proven over and over again … that if you can talk, and you sincerely want to help someone else learn to speak again, with the right instruction you can be as effective a speech therapist.
• We believe that speech is best stimulated and learned, on a daily basis, in your home, even if you are also seeing a speech pathologist.
• We believe that speech professionals do the best they can, with the time they have; but nothing is as effective, or as fast, as daily home speech stimulation.
• We believe care givers who provide daily speech and language stimulation have 1000% more impact on helping patients regain their speech again, even if you are seeing a speech pathologist 3x a week.
• We believe being a part of a caring community of people going though the same challenges will accelerate your results, and reduce your stress.
• We believe in your ability to help others using our systems, and we guarantee your satisfaction.
A Little About Mark
Mark is a recognized expert and teacher in the field of aphasia speech therapy and speech-language pathology. His revolutionary new method, The Teaching of Talking, introduces speech-language pathologists, caregivers, and students to expert methods which help people with speaking difficulties learn to talk.
Ittleman has outstanding success helping people regain the ability to speak.
His method is conversational, and he starts, in the very first therapy session, talking back and forth with his clients.
Another unique feature of Mark’s method is that he invites caregivers and/or family members to join their loved one’s speech-language therapy sessions in order to learn the techniques he uses during speech therapy.
He shows caregivers and family members how to continue stimulating speech and language at home.
Each additional hour spent by caregivers and family members stimulating speech and language at home greatly accelerates their loved one’s success with talking or speaking again.
Methods to help people talk are included in The Teaching of Talking and through the Teaching of Talking Online Training Course. You will learn a great deal about speech therapy for adults and children with aphasia, dysarthria and apraxia of speech. You will learn to help them talk as long as they can follow simple directions and imitate or mimic the vowels of speech and simple syllables or words.
You can also follow us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/teachingoftalking/
We welcome you!